11/19/12

shoeboxes

With the holidays approaching, I've been thinking alot lately about how my little family can help out some good causes.  A charity that immediately came to mind was Operation Christmas Child.  This is one that I've helped out before and I just love the idea of stuffing a shoebox full of love and goodies to send to a child who really needs it.  As a family, we decided to fill 2 shoeboxes...one for a boy and one for a girl, both in the 2-4 year age range.  We also decided to make our donation online so that we can follow our boxes to see where in the world they end up.  So the bean and I headed out to a few places to pick out the stuff to fill our boxes.

Here's what went into our boy's box:

Here's what went into our girl's box:




















The bean even did some coloring to include in our boxes.  Sweet kid.
















Last week, we dropped off our boxes at a local church and they should soon be on their way to our "shoebox kids" as the bean so lovingly called them.  So excited to help such a great cause!  I can't imagine my kiddo having no presents to open on Christmas day.  Hopefully our boxes will spread a little cheer to some kids in need this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment