It's official...fall is here!
Our Florida weather may not reflect the change in season, but today is the first day of fall. And I am so excited!! Fall is by far my favorite time of year. I've been wasting...err...investing a lot of time on Pinterest lately looking at all the fun fall crafts and getting inspired. I've already started a little bit of fall decorating around the house. And I am so excited to start working on the bean's Halloween costume. He is going to be Buddy from Dinosaur Train...so, so cute! Can't wait! I'm also looking forward to our church's pumpkin patch and Trick-or-Trunk event. Always so much fun.
To me, fall is all about cuddling up with your favorite people, drinking yummy hot cocoa. It's all about putting on your coziest, most comfortable sweaters and watching the leaves change colors (although, not so much here in Florida). It's a great time to think about all our blessings and to give thanks for all the past year has brought us. And when I think about where we were last year (that's us in the picture below) and where we will be this time next year (2 kids...eek!) I do feel really blessed. I really do have have the best little family ever and I am so, so thankful.
Happy first day of fall, everyone!
Oh boy...it's been a while since I posted. A very long while. Our family has been so, so busy lately. Here are a few of the things we've been up to in the past couple of months:
- We're expecting baby #2! Our newest addition will be arriving sometime in late February. And we are so excited...and nervous. But mostly excited. I can say that this pregnancy has been totally different (and much tougher so far) than my first. But I think and hope that the worst of it is over and that I'll feel better from here on out. Fingers crossed.
- The bean turned two. Of course, we celebrated with a big party...lots of family and friends, the whole nine yards. And the bean had a great time! I absolutely cannot believe how quickly he is growing and changing. It seems like he learns something new every day. Along with that, he's becoming very independent...and much more defiant these days. Hello, terrible two's! Guess I need to re-read a few chapters in the Love and Logic book.
- The hubby has been traveling for work ALOT lately. He spent two weeks in China in mid-July and has taken several other short trips here and there since then. As you can imagine, chasing around the aforementioned energetic and defiant two-year old while being pregnant is tough work...especially while hubby is out of town and I don't have my regular back-up. Those make for some long, exhausting days.
- We got a new car. Well, new to us, anyway. Since we are due to add another kid to the family in 2013, we figured we should probably upgrade to a vehicle that will accommodate two carseats. So, we ended up with a 2007 Kia Rondo. And I love it!
- Hubby and I celebrated our tenth anniversary. I'm such a lucky girl. Ten years is a long time to be stuck with somebody, and I really do feel blessed to have been stuck with such a great guy. We celebrated with a quick, bean-free overnight trip out of town. And it was wonderful.
So with all that going on, plus the regular day-to-day stuff, I've neglected the ol' blog just a tad. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay more up-to-date now that things are hopefully settling down a bit. We'll see...