4/16/12

toddler muffins

So all of a sudden, the bean has gotten a little picky about food.  He's usually such a good eater, but recently he has become a little finicky...especially about veggies.  So I guess I need to get a little creative about how to incorporate more veggies into his diet.  One weapon in my arsenal? Toddler muffins!

I made these the other day and they are so good!  They taste like kind of a yummy cross between banana bread and carrot cake.  And I did make some substitutions:

  • In place of the squash baby food, I used a squash/pear combo.
  • I used oats instead of oat bran.
  • I used Chinese five spice powder instead of pumpkin pie spice.

So far they have been a hit with the bean (and with mama, too).  I will be on the lookout for other recipes where I can sneak in some veggies for my bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment